Why should eat Rice?
Rice contains a number of vitamins and minerals that are extremely healthy for us.
Nutritive values of Rice
- Rice provides 20% of the world's dietary energy supply.
- Rice is a good source of thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and dietary fiber.
- Different rice varieties have different percentages of these nutrients in them.
- The nutrients components of white and parboiled rice are those of unenriched rice which are different from enriched rice.
- Enriched rice are fortified with vitamins B1, B3 and iron that are lost during processing of rice but it lacks in some minerals like magnesium etc that are present in brown rice.